Thursday, October 16, 2014

Time

I told you I needed time. Time to heal, time to grow, time to improve myself. I was scared. I did not want you to think I was not interested, and I did not want to do the wrong thing. I was scared to make a mistake, so I played it safe and tried to be smart. I tried to create walls, but you did not care. You continued to be yourself, and I continued to let you bypass my walls.

You are in, despite what I said. I was not trying to push you away, I was just trying to be smart. Now I am worried of losing you because of time.

I thought a month or two might be too soon. I thought 6 months of being alone might be realistic and in some way smart. Now I am scared to lose you because of the wait. All I want is a chance with you.

It is ironic. I wanted time to heal and reflect and now I feel that time might make me miss out on something amazing.

No comments: